The Complete Guide and Information about the Azalea Plant
Azalea is one of the flowering shrubs which are also known as the Royalty of the garden. It looks very decent and beautiful due to color flower and outstanding form and foliage. These flowers are grown in the spring means in May and June, they often grown under the tree, they survive for several weeks. This flower is a part of the family Ericaceous. There are thousands of cultivators of this species. This plants can be evergreen or deciduous as per there types. This is a common plant in the United States, Asia, and Europe.
How to Grow?
Late spring or early fall is the best time to plant Azalea; they need some partial shade or wind protection.
- Soil should be acidic, humus-rich soil and well drained.
- It should be mulch and shallow root as azaleas tend to dry out. Mulch keeps the soil acidic and moist.
- Fertilizer is not require for this plant as the mulch of oak trees, pine needles or hemlock sawdust will provide the nutrients that are needed.
- Watering during dry time, also need to protect from insects and diseases.
- mulched the soil and put seeds in it, regular watering will help to grow them.
Azalea Plant Care Tips
- An azalea must need the acidic soil of pH 4.5 to 6.0, also the root system must have well-drained soil.
- Woodsy soil is good as it contains some acidic and well-drained nature.
- Full sun is not required; these acid-loving plants need partial sun, so keep them under partial sunlight.
- Avoid the use of alkaline materials like bone meal.
- The petal of the Azalea is getting infected so it is good to use some fungicides so that it can be a cure.
- There are some commercial fertilizer are also made only for the azalea plant, if required it can be used.
- Mulched the soil as it will make the soil moister for a long time.
Facts about Azalea Plant
- Pests and diseases are the main problems of the Azaleas plant, as it gets infected. There are lots of caterpillars who like to survive in this plant. The petals are getting more infected; rust, twig bling, and color get infected. The new leaf diseases which change a new petal into brown color are found in this species.
- Toxic in nature, but this plant does not contain the low toxic. So if the flower or petals get eaten it will affect abdominal pain and cardiovascular problems. Honey of the flower is also toxic.
- They have a nature of best growing in the location where the temperature in cold and warm, they need moisture in the soil, regular watering.
- Soil should be acidic and moist, use of some natural integrates which are acidic in nature. And it will give this plant a good chance to grow.
Different types of Azaleas Plant
- Hybrid Azaleas are the plant which indicates that it is a combination of the different species or the other hybrid. If it is a plant with the help of seed it will not resemble the parent plant. The hybrid groups include the Glenn Dale, robin hill and the aroma.
- Species Azalea is the plants which grow the same as the parent plant when it is plant. It consists of azaleas that interbreed when it is isolate.
- Deciduous Azalea is one of the types which indicate that at the time of fall, they shed their leaves. There are various colors of flowers in this azalea they are yellow, pink, purple, red, white and orange.
- Evergreen Azalea is the plant who keeps the foliage throughout the winter and during the fall months. The bloom color is white, pink, purple and orange.
Most of the plants are very much suitable for the USA climate and the plants grow very in such areas. But if some people like the only flower they can easily order it, there are some websites who provide the flowers delivery. So if you want to send flowers to your beloved one then send flowers online to USA and flower will be delivered to the doorstep.
Advantage of Planting Azalea Plant
- Hardy flowering shrub which gives a delicate color to your landscape.
- They will provide the online plant delivery, in every part of the world. But remember it requires a cold and warm atmosphere.
- The appearance of the plant is very good, the height of the plant is one foot and the width is 15 feet which give the decent look with a variety of flowers.
- There are more than 10000 species which are very much useful for decorating the outer side of the house.
- The normal climate needs so that it can easily be planted.
- Maintenance does not require only thing is that they need moist soil.
- Use of some pesticides is good to keep the color of the petals.
- Many flower colors are available such as pink, yellow, red, green, white and many more.
- There are lots of websites are available from where you can buy azalea plant online and it will get delivered to your doorstep in no time.
There are a various number of species are available of such species which gives a good appearance to your house. Flowers are of various colors so it will help with the decoration. This is one of the best plants which provide a decent look to your landscape.