Cake Facts and Records You May Have Never Heard Of
We all love eating cake. It is the first dessert that makes the celebration successful and happening. There are so many indulgences, designs, and flavors available on the cake. But do you know some amazing and very interesting facts about cakes? In this article, we are going to define the beautiful facts about the cake. This would help in showing you how cake cutting is an important trend of celebration. We have shown some important subtopics to help you knowing interesting cake facts. If you are in a hurry and want an ultimate option to Order Cake Online in USA, please send your request to us.
Facts about Cake
- The first wedding cake was not a cake but actually a loaf of sweet bread. Then people started using baking soda, sugar, and milk to make a sponge cake.
- 26th November is recognized as national cake day.
- We all love eating red velvet cake. Cake or Cookie delivery is sweet and heart-melting. But the fact is this comes from revenge. The fact is the girl wants to know the recipe for red velvet cake but the bakers charged for it. So to take revenge she spread the red velvet cake recipe all over the world.
- The word cake is actually derived from the word “Kake”.
- The first reference of birthday cake came into existence in 1875 when the guest offers a cake on a person’s birthday.
- The world’s most expensive cake is worth the price tag of 75 million. This cake has diamonds and scuttled fondant.
- It is a belief that an engaged person should keep a fruit cake under the pillow. This will give them deep and sound sleep and will give them sweet dreams of their future partner.
- Queen Victoria was the first queen who got pure white icing on her wedding cake. After this, the white frosting on the cake got the name of royal icing.
- As I earlier mentioned before there was a loaf of bread to cut on the wedding date. In Rome, there was a Cake tradition of breaking that loaf of bread on the bride’s head to bring good luck, prosperity, and harmony in the couple’s life.
Cake World Records
Most Expensive Cake
The most expensive cake was designed in the United Arab Emirates. The millionaire was looking for the most expensive cake for his daughter’s birthday. One baker took this challenge to make the bestselling cakes around the world. She made a 6 feet cake along with models. It is like a fashion runway model wearing beautiful dresses attached with millions worth of diamonds and gemstones. This cake cost a total of 75 million dollars with the 17 diamonds and gemstones costing 45 million dollars. It holds the record for the most expensive cake.
The oldest cake is from Victoria’s house. It was 2 pieces oldest cake made at the wedding of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert in 1840. The other cake that still stands intact and survived World War II with just one crack dates back to 1898.
The world’s longest cake record holder is the Bakers association in Kerala, India. This cake measures 5,300m made in 2020. Nearly 1500 Bakers joined to make the longest cake. It had a weight of about 27,000 kg and was laid out on the open ground on many tables. It holds the Guinness Record for longest cake.
Most Candles on Cake
The cake holds the record of most candles lit on a cake with a total of 72,585 candles on it. The candles burned for about 40 seconds. It was put together by a team of 100 people, they even places the candles and lit them with 60 blow torches. This cake was made in honor of meditation teacher Sri Chinmoy’s in New York.
Most Cakes Cut in One Place
Most number of the cake cut at one record goes to the ILVA higher secondary school Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India. This school cut 421 cakes at the school campus to celebrate the foundation day of school.
Most Cake Layer
Watkins Company holds this record for making a number of layers in a cake. A layer cake is very popular but here Watkins Company took this as a challenge. During the 150th anniversary of the company, they made the cake with most layers. Watkins is a food flavoring brand that holds the record of making 260 layer cake that was 73 inches tall, having a base of 32 by 24 inches. This was then recognized as the world’s most layer cake according to the world record academy.
So these are some very interesting cake facts you should know. Cake lovers would definitely admire this article. The cake is an integral part of the celebration. No one can deny cake cutting in a special celebration. But there were some amusing and very unclear thoughts about cake. We got those interesting facts to know how cake becomes an important part of the celebration. Hope you like it and pass this information to others too.